filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Back to Basics

Moreno wrote:
>You can get glass mounts from Wess Plastics that show the full frame.
>  Looking for suggestions as to the best way keep the film flat while scanning.
>Thought about glass mounts but I do not mount my images as the mounts tent
>to crop the image.

If I recall the original situation correctly it was an LS2000.  Are there
problems with film flatness using the film strip holder (as opposed to the
motorised film strip feeder)?  The only time I've had focussing issues is
with the film strip feeder at the ends of seriously curled film strips.
 Leaving the film in storage sheets in a binder for a while after processing
seems to help flatten the film - although the plastic does retain some memory
of the curl.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com