filmscanners: Too picky?

This posting is being repeated in both this and the Scan@leben group.

As those who have been following my threads know, I'm currently using a
Minolta Dual Dimage II scanner, and I'm in discussions with Minolta
after my first unit was defective.

My second unit also suffers from duff or lazy pixel sensors on the CCD.
>From what I can see 2 in the green, 2 in the red, and 4 in the blue.
These produce light lines across the scan on slides (or dark ones in
negative scans.

Some have implied I am being "too picky".  Before I had the Minolta, I
had a HP S-20.  Although the Minolta is definitely superior in
sharpness, resolution and OD,  the HP did not have any lazy sensors that
I saw.  And I'm of the opinion even one in any channel is too many, as
they are visible in enlargement

But, my question is this...

For people who do NOT have Minolta Dual Dimage II scanners, do you have
one or more lazy or bad sensors in your CCD array, and if so, do you
consider that an acceptable defect and have you decided not to exchange
it?

Has anyone noted this problem of bad sensors in other than Minolta
scanners?  What about with 4000 dpi models?

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.