Re: filmscanners: OT: LCD monitors for photo editing

At 10:47 PM -0400 8/29/01, Jim Snyder wrote:
>on 8/29/01 7:14 PM, philmguy@ameritech.net at philmguy@ameritech.net wrote:
>
>>  I'm planning to buy a new desktop Windows-based PC and would
>>  appreciate hearing any opinions/experiences with using the latest crop
>>  of LCD monitors for photo editing.
>>
>>  Please reply off list..
>
>I think this deserves to be addressed on list as an on topic subject. LCDs
>have yet to equal the tube monitors for representing the full range of
>colors in an image. They do offer superior sharpness in the higher end
>models. How do some of the professionals on the list who have looked
>personally at the LCDs feel?
>
>Jim Snyder

In general LCD's are quite useless for photoediting as they
color/contrast shift when you move your head. This also means that
even if you don't move your head relative to the LCD, all the corners
will display the same image range with different values. CRT's are
still the way to go.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design