Acer ScanWit & Slides Was: filmscanners: Best digital archive medium for scans?

At 01:49 PM 8/16/01 +0000, Lynn Allen wrote:

>Acer Scanwit (either with or without IR) is definitely worth looking at.

Hi Lynn,

Do you have problems loading slides into your ScanWit or is it just
me?  I'd been using mine just for negatives for a few weeks and was
thinking that it was the best thing since sliced bread.  Well, maybe not
really that good but I was pretty well satisfied after I tried some 100 ASA
film instead of Portra 400VC.  Well, yesterday I got back some mounted
Velvia slides and I really like the quality of the scans but loading the
holder is driving me crazy.  I've tried turning the thing in forty eleven
different directions but I haven't found a method that works well.  Are
there any secrets that might help with slides other than getting them cut
and sleeved instead of mounted?

Thanks,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson