Re: Acer ScanWit & Slides Was: filmscanners: Best digital archive medium for scans?

Yes, its very difficult to insert a mounted slide.. what I did was to break off
ONE of the little plastic pressure tabs.. no more problems after that, scans are
not affected at all.

I have had my Scanwit for a while now, the thing is flawless and reliable. I
have done probably close to a thousand scans with it. I'm very happy. All I use
is Vuescan. I'm trying to scan all my family pictures before they degrade into
oblivion. Its an impossible job, too many pictures.

Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@mediaone.net>  wrote:

>Hi Lynn,
>
>Do you have problems loading slides into your ScanWit or is it just
>me?  I'd been using mine just for negatives for a few weeks and was
>thinking that it was the best thing since sliced bread.  Well, maybe not
>really that good but I was pretty well satisfied after I tried some 100 ASA
>film instead of Portra 400VC.  Well, yesterday I got back some mounted
>Velvia slides and I really like the quality of the scans but loading the
>holder is driving me crazy.  I've tried turning the thing in forty eleven
>different directions but I haven't found a method that works well.  Are
>there any secrets that might help with slides other than getting them cut
>and sleeved instead of mounted?

Herm
Astropics http://home.att.net/~hermperez

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.