Re: Acer ScanWit & Slides Was: filmscanners: Best digital archive medium for scans?

I'm not Lynn, but hopefully he won't mind me rudely jumping in..

What problem are you having?  About the only difficulty I have is with
cardboard mount slides which can catch on the rounded corner at top right
of each slide position..  You can carefully remove that corner with a sharp
blade if it really annoys you.

If it is just the general loading process, my method is..

Lie the holder, fully open, on the desk, so that the large 'SLIDE' picture
is at the left, and the 4 openings are to the right.
Position the first slide so that the left and bottom sides are just resting
against the spring clips.
Using the index fingers or thumbs of both hands, move the slide downwards
until it slips under the top rail, and then slide to the left until the top
right corner clicks under the rounded edge. And so on.

One of the *lower* clips broke off on mine (a common occurrence I gather),
but I discovered it was then easier to load the slides, and the side clips
hold it quite adequately.  ..so I broke the other 3 off..

mark t

At 09:55 PM 16/08/01 -0400, Johnny wrote:
>Hi Lynn,
>
>Do you have problems loading slides into your ScanWit or is it just
>me?  I'd been using mine just for negatives for a few weeks and was
>thinking that it was the best thing since sliced bread.  Well, maybe not
>really that good but I was pretty well satisfied after I tried some 100
>ASA film instead of Portra 400VC.  Well, yesterday I got back some mounted
>Velvia slides and I really like the quality of the scans but loading the
>holder is driving me crazy.  I've tried turning the thing in forty eleven
>different directions but I haven't found a method that works well.  Are
>there any secrets that might help with slides other than getting them cut
>and sleeved instead of mounted?
>
>Thanks,

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.