Re: filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Why not sRGB ?

Rob wrote:

>Incidentally speaking of gamut, my LS30 doesn't seem to have turquoise in
>its colour space.  I have some Provia 100F slides with gorgeous turquoise
>ocean in the background, but in scans it just comes up blue and dull. :(
>  I'll have to try one of the slides on the SS4000 at work and see if
>there's a difference (other than ppi).

Turquoise has a lot of yellow, cyan, and almost no red (other than shadows,
ripples, etc), in terms of CMYK. It can be a bugger on a monitor, where RGB
are your working colors. Play around with your individual RGB
white-point/black-point values in VS after you run through the various
generic profile types (can't advise you on the "how" without being there,
sorry, but Green will be key, Red and Blue *very* touchy). Go for something
very "butt simple" (a slide of mostly bright turquoise would be best, with a
few added "reference" colors--you can crop to get it). When you get close,
save the settings. They may not be of much use for other than water scenes.

It sounds like fun--or if not, at least "Character Building." :-)

Best regards--LRA