From: owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of B.Rumary
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2001 11:39 AM
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: Re: filmscanners: Re: filmscanners: Matrox and Monitor standby

In <3B6B1F4A00000FA0@mail.san.yahoo.com>, Rob Geraghty wrote:

> Problems like the clock losing the time and the computer "forgetting"
> what hard drives are connected usually indicates a faulty battery on
> the motherboard.  There is a small battery which allows the static
> RAM in the real time clock to remember the time and IDE settings etc.

Yes I had thought of that. This would explain the MB forgetting the
time and HDD setting while the mains power was off. But I can't see how
it would explain the clock running slow and the computer not being able
to "see" the slave HDD when the power was on!

I am beginning to think that I have just got a bad board, and I will
have to see about getting a replacement for it.

> Again, the best resource for these issues is the gigabyte newsgroup.

Yes I think you are right. I will have to follow this up there and stop
boring this list with my computer problems!

Brian Rumary, England

http://freespace.virgin.net/brian.rumary/homepage.htm

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.