Re: filmscanners: LS-30 and Windows 2000

Peter Marquis-Kyle wrote:

> Kerry Thompson wrote
>

>>I recently installed a LS-30 on a new Win 2000 professional system. The
>>computer recognizes the scanner at startup but does not seem to install a
>>driver for it. Each startup the computer again recognizes the scanner and
>>begins the new hardware wizard. Is there a Win 2000 compatibility
>>problem? The scanner seems to work ok with either Vuescan or Nikonscan 3.1
>>which I downloaded from the web. My scsi card is an Adaptec 2903b.
>>

> Kerry: I had a similar experience with LS-30 and Windows 2000. All necessary
> software, drivers, etc. were installed, but Windows 2000 always ran the 'new
> hardware' wizard at startup -- I could just cancel the wizard and use the
> scanner without problems.
>
> I did fix it, so I don't see the wizard on startup any more. I'm sorry, but I
> don't remember exactly what I did. It was something to do with getting Windows
> to register that it knows about the scanner -- by making the right choices in
> the 'new hardware' wizard, I think.
>
> I know this is not very useful to you, but at least you know you're not the
>only
> victim, and that it can be fixed. If you try various options in the wizard and
> (unlike me), keep a record of what does and doesn't work, you should find the
> answer.
>
> Then (unlike me) you can contribute a really useful post to this list.

I think what you'll have to do is run through the new hardware wizard
after you have installed Nikonscan (I used 3.1).  It will then recognise
the scanner correctly (I hope).

Haakon
(Now if only I could get those pesky Fuji 800 negs to scan properly..)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.