RE: filmscanners: Link to Nikon 8000 banding example...

Title: RE: filmscanners: Link to Nikon 8000 banding example...

I'm not sure when I'll be receiving my new 8000.  It's on backorder and I got a price of $2800, so I'm willing to wait.  However, I'll be trying the same slides that caused banding in the first place and I'll report as soon as I can.  I think a petition of sorts as Rafe suggests could be helpful.

One thing to realize, I didn't always get banding with my previous 8000.  If I scanned a particular slide one day, I'd see banding.  If I did the same one the next day, I wouldn't and both examples were with out Super Fine CCD mode checked.  Super Fine CCD mode always seemed to fix the problem (at the expense of 3x scan time).

I heard about the Polaroid SS120 last October so I held off buying a scanner.  Then, I heard about the Nikon and that it had Digital ICE, so I waited for that.  Now Polaroid's health is questionable (I want a $2600 unsupported product) and most of the Nikons are defective and I'm still waiting.  This sucks.

Paul Wilson

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.