Re: filmscanners: Link to Nikon 8000 banding example...

"Lawrence Smith" <lsmith@lwsphoto.com> wrote:
"As my prints sell for hundreds of $ they need to be perfect."

Preston wonders:

If your scans need to be perfect, why are you trying to scan them on a
$3,000 scanner?  Send them out to someone who has a high-end drum scanner or
even a high-end flat-bed (like a Scitex Eversmart).  Those scans will be
"perfect".  There is a reason why some scanners cost $500, some cost $3,000,
and why some cost $30,000.  You don't really think that these three
price-level scanners give the same quality, do you?

If your prints sell for "hundreds of $", then $30 to $50 for a high-end scan
can't be too expensive.

Preston Earle, who is now ducking.
PEarle@Triad.rr.com
I've known lots of trouble in my life, most of which never happened.---Mark
Twain

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.