Re: filmscanners: fogged film

Norman wrote:

>It is Kodak Max 800 film - what settings would you suggest for Vuescan?.
While Farmers Reducer may work, I idea of a 3 hr drive to Kingston, Jamaica
to drive around there looking for the chemical seems like the least
preferred option.

OK, this is only a side comment and suggestion, since I'm not a pro, but
since the shots were gotten at considerable effort, I'd strongly consider
having them duplicated before I did anything drastic. And that would
probably mean Kingston, or even Miami.

I'm surprised that there was X-ray fogging, unless the camera went through
the machine with exposed film in it. I've only gotten X-ray fog once, and
those were the circumstances. It didn't seem to affect the unexposed frames
that remained in the canister. Since then, I either unload the film or keep
the camera out of the X-ray machine. If they say they have to open the
camera, then you'll wind the film back into the can, anyway...hopefully.

Best regards, not to mention good luck--LRA