Re: filmscanners: Buying on eBay

> No, I've had no need.  I've bought nearly $2000
> worth of photo gear and accessories on eBay over
> the last couple of years -- cameras, lenses, etc. --
> and not had any problems with careless packaging
> or items damaged in shipment.
>
> To reiterate:  I believe you over-state the risks
> involved.
>

> rafe b.

I have had two cases. It was broken monitor's case. It took over 6 months to
collect the money from US Post Office!!! It was pretty painful waiting with
no monitor.

Second case, I shipped out a scanner. It returned back in completely
destroyed damped box. I was not successful collating any money from US Post
Office since nothing inside was physically broken. I bet all my money that
down the road the scanner will stop functioning or need recalibration in
factory as a result of several impact or whatever happened to it. I sent is
a "fragile" but I do not understand the meaning of the word after this
exiting experience.

I have heard people being unsuccessful collecting the insurance from another
carriers as well.

The bottom line is that there is a big risk buying expensive stuff from
individuals. Unless it is a real bargain, I can rarely justify not paying
with my credit card to a reputable merchant.
I get 1.5% back, double the manufacturer warranty, have a chance to return
it, additional protection first 90 days, dispute option, option to reject
the package.

Peter

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.