Re: filmscanners: Nikon 8000ED

----- Original Message -----
From: Arthur Entlich <artistic@ampsc.com>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 6:15 PM
Subject: Re: filmscanners: Nikon 8000ED

> "Enoch's Vision, Inc. (Cary Enoch R...)" wrote:
>
> > >I'm musing whether Nikon has a factory in the "deep south" of the
US.
> > >I'm noting a very strong allegiance to the company coming from
those
> > >environs...
> >
> > Is my residence in the "Deep South" some sort of problem for you?
> >
> > I've been in Georgia for three years and lived in the Pacific NW
before
> > that--right near you. I neither know nor care where Nikon makes
its
> > hardware. I don't use their cameras either as I prefer Canon.
Let's keep
> > regional biases out of this diverse international list and keep
the level
> > of discussion on a professional level.

> My musing was based upon two posts, yours, and the one a few days
> earlier by Ray (Greensboro, NC) who was very concerned that Nikon
not be
> "slandered" by Claudiu when he called Nikonscan "garbage" software.
As
> I stated before, there is something about Nikon film scanner owners
that
> makes them guard their reputation like a mother bear does her cubs.

What a bunch of horse poopie Art.  Your ad hominem attacks on Nikon
test my patience, and apparently others here feel the same way.  Nikon
makes some of the best CCD scanners for photographers extant, period,
end of story.  True, they're not for everyone and they're not perfect.
So what else is new?  It's been suggested you give it a rest.  I
second the motion.

Dave

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.