RE: filmscanners: Fast, decent, low res scans

[Oostrom, Jerry]  []
> Jerry, is the 675 ppi scan on the Acer Scanwit 2740S REALLY done in under
> 10
> seconds?
[Oostrom, Jerry]  I don't know, I don't have one (I have a 2720S). If you
have the dust-removal enabled it will perhaps take somewhat more(!) than
double the time of a normal scan at 675dpi (5 seconds was mentioned?).
Anyway, the suggestion I made and later Alan made on having two slideholders
and filmholders available is especially useful with vuescan, since you can
change its settings to automatically start scanning upon insertion of a
slideholder and after scanning it will spit it out for you, so there is not
even need to touch the mouse or keyboard or even a scanner button for the
speed-freaks on a tight budget.

Good luck on your quest,

Jerry Oostrom

BTW. Lately I had sent in my scanner for service, and when I received it
back (problem not solved, at best only marginal improvements!) I received an
extra filmholder and slideholder!

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.