re: filmscanners: Fast, decent, low res scans

Phil:

If you go this route, buying a second or third film holder would speed things
up for you also.

Using MiraPhoto you will have to save each file individually in the twain
running program, e.g. photoshop.  If you used VueScan the files would already
by written to disk sequentially numbered.  VueScan also was an excellent
autolevels.  I use it almost exclusively on my Scanwit 2720.

There will also be the time for the scanner to focus, although 675 dpi may make
this a moot point.

alan

 >>  The best price I've seen so far for the Acer Scanwit 2740S in the US is
 >>  $485
 >>  <http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?DPNo=956027>, and less for the
 >>  2720 (about $330, but the 2720 doesn't have ICE; also, I believe that the
 >>  2720 cannot be used with a Mac).

 >>  Jerry, is the 675 ppi scan on the Acer Scanwit 2740S REALLY done in under
 >>  10
 >>  seconds?

 >>  Are there any additional thoughts or leads for me to investigate on other
 >>  scanners out there that can make low res scans quickly?  I am obsessed
 >>  with
 >>  making fast low res scans.

 >>  Philippe
 >>  phil@nonstock.com