RE: filmscanners: LS-2000 VS LS-40

Art Wrote:
OK.  So which other scanners offer these feature currently, and which
are being upgraded to offer them?  Is Nikon going to offer these added
features for the LS-2000?

Art

Shaf Wrote:
        Of course, one opoint Nikon could offer us LS-30/2000 owners would
be a
purchase upgrade to NS3.1 with ICE3 enabled.  If you have any pull, please
put in another NAG for us <g>

        Can you also post a comparison scan for ICE3 versus Vuescan's
equivelents
for GEM and ROC??

shAf  :o)

Nikon's Coolscan® IV ED, Super Coolscan® 4000 ED and Super Coolscan® 8000 ED
have Digital ICE3 (Digital ICE, Digital ROC and Digital GEM). Minolta's
Dimâge(tm) Scan Multi II has Digital ROC and Digital GEM.

I will definitely ask my contacts at Nikon about an upgrade for existing
products. The way we've promoted our products in the past is to take our
products to trade shows and show them to consumers. When consumers are blown
away by what they see, they want to know where to get them. We tell them
that any manufacturer can provide our products if only they will. They then
go to the manufacturers booth and ask about our products. Then the
manufacturers come to our booth, see our products and viola! Our products
get into your hands. So, your comments to the manufacturers do more good
than ours.

By the way, we have another product we would like you to ask manufacturers
about. Digital ICE for flatbed scanners (you must see to believe). Add
Digital ROC and Digital GEM and you can do print restoration FAST and more
effectively that hours with an image editor!

It looks like a busy week here, but I hope to post some comparisons soon.

Jack Phipps
Applied Science Fiction

> All this to say, if I were choosing between a scanner with
> Digital ROC and Digital GEM or a scanner without it, I would
> choose the one with. ...

        Of course, one opoint Nikon could offer us LS-30/2000 owners would
be a
purchase upgrade to NS3.1 with ICE3 enabled.  If you have any pull, please
put in another NAG for us <g>

        Can you also post a comparison scan for ICE3 versus Vuescan's
equivelents
for GEM and ROC??

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.