RE: filmscanners: Nikonscan3.0 and LSIII

Bob Shomler writes ...

> Ed made some changes to IR cleaning between Vuescan 6.7.5 and the
> 7.0 series.  I find many instances of incomplete scratch cleaning
> from LS-30 in 7.x that are completely removed using 6.7.5.  Still
> true with 7.0.14.  ...
>
> ...  I sent Ed a note a month ago describing this
> along with an example.  ...

        It seems to me Ed also made a change during that period of versions, the
result being his IR dust removal had absolutely no effect on areas of the
image where no dust was present (no softening).  Have you also compared
those areas???

shAf   :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.