Re: filmscanners: AcerScanwit

Tony Sleep wrote:

>> The other hand is co-work with ASF to have ICE
>> function inside, due to we're not using LED light as our light-source,
>> so we
>> need to scan twice to check the place of dust & scratch.
>

> Intruiging! So you do ICE without an IR channel! Everybody has guessed
> that you had added an IR LED - and we are all wrong.

You might be jumping to conclusions here, Tony.  If the white light
source used has IR in it, they may still be using an IR channel, but
doing it as a separate scan.  It is possible Honda was simply comparing
this to Nikon, which uses R, G, B and IR LED info.  Perhaps it was
easier to incorporate the IR scan separately rather than do it per scan
line, as might be done with other non-LED scanners.

Again, some have mentioned that doing this two scan process might lead
to somewhat off registered scans, and if this is the case, it could make
an inferior IR overlay for dust and scratch removal.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.