Re: filmscanners: PhotoCD format

There are a whole host of imaging programs which can handle or open
PhotoCD format, including Photoshop. None, that I know can write to
PhotoCD foramt. If Kodak has released PhotoCD to the public, its news
to me.

I think what you are trying to tell me is that I can cut my own Photo
CDs. Right? Including the Master or Pro PhotoCD?

Go to any graphic program - at least on the Mac side. None offer
WRITING to the Photo CD format, OR embedding PhotoCD profiles. Check
Photoshop, for example.

In the example (URL) mentioned, where does it say you can write
PhotoCD format? I can't download this program. PC only. Try it, and
see what happens.

Plus, I know of custom labs who are paying the royalty/licensing fees
for using it. They get good money to write to this format. Nobody
else can use it, unless they license
.
Again,
>This was discussed about a year ago.
>
>There is a program called Graphic Workshop Professional that can
>convert to the proprietary PhotoCD format:
>http://www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/gwspro.html
>
>Larry
>
>>There is a lot that doesn't add up - - regarding PCD "space", and
>>VS using PhotoCD "space".
>>
>>1. You will note that you cannot do a profile conversion (profile
>>to profile) in Photoshop to a PhotoCD (space) profile, of which I
>>have about 8 of them in my ColorSync folder.
>>
>>2. PhotoCD format - - and their ICC profiles ARE proprietary, and
>>any use thereof would require a license.

>Larry Berman
>
>http://BermanGraphics.com
>http://IRDreams.com
>http://ImageCompress.com