Re: filmscanners: Mirage II ?'s

Mark Crabtree wrote:

 He's says that the
> Mirage II has a moving head like the 3000. I've read everything I can find
> about this scanner, but had never seen mention of that. If true, it would
> be so awkward for dealing with my long prints and negs, that I think it
> would ofset the convenience of the larger scan size.
>
> Mark

I'm not sure what this means.  All flatbed scanners I've used have a
"moving head", under the glass.  Do you mean that this one has a moving
top platform (or platen) and that the sensor remains fixed, while the
top of the scanner/glass move, like older (or cheaper) photocopiers?
That would mean you need a LOT more space to work with this unit!  And
yes, it would be a disaster making sure your oversized prints or negs
don't get dragged or crushed while it is moving the scanning surface.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.