Re: filmscanners: storage

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001 19:39:41 -0800  Arthur Entlich (artistic@ampsc.com) wrote:

> Doesn't this speak volumes about where one finger can be pointed.
> Thanks for this, I'm gonna track down Gears.

www.gearcdr.com - but be warned, it is a disconcertingly strange piece of
software (though early-version Vuescan users will feel right at home ;-) I have
a fairly old version, 4.1 ISTR - pre v4 was almost incomprehensible. It is also
possible to make it fall over by doing things in a sequence it isn't expecting.
But it does work well, so I've stuck with it. I have done test burns of CD's
from data being pulled across the LAN and without making a virtual image first,
which is a completely ridiculous thing to try. The buffering coped just fine,
but Gear seemed to hit a bug when trying to close the disk. Later versions may
have fixed that.

Nero also has many fans. Adaptec has a much nicer UI but seems to be the market
leader in consumption of blanks to no useful effect.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info &
comparisons