RE: filmscanners: GEM, ROC compared to Vuescan

Thanks for the examples, Henry.

I agree that Ed should separate the filters - I have a non-IR scanner, and
am not a user of Vuescan yet, but this function would probably tip me into
the camp.

But ONLY if it doesn't soften my image as much as your samples indicate..

Mark T.

At 06:02 PM 15/02/01 -0600, you wrote:
>>From: "shAf" <michael@shaffer.net>
>>
>>My 1st experience with Ed's "scrub" was
>>disappointing with respect to edges ... it wasn't like a "gaussian
>>blur", but more like a "median" filter.
>
>I agree.  It seems to me that the grain reduction does soften the image.  I
>showed that on a webpage that I sent to this list a couple of weeks ago.
>Here it is again:
>
>http://www.geocities.com/hr1066/vuescan66.htm
>
>I still wish that Ed would make the grain reduction a separate control so
>that it wasn't combined with the cleaning options.

<snip>

Mark Thomas   markthom@camtech.net.au
http://www.adelaide.net.au/~markthom

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.