filmscanners: Off-topic photos showing effect of Newton camera bracket on shadow reduction

This is off-topic, but slightly related, in that all the pictures in this
album were scanned on my SS4000 using VueScan and Fuji Provia 100F film.
Every picture was too saturated and I had to reduce color saturation in
Photoshop. I'm satisfied with the results, however.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=62684&a=11597976

The purpose of taking these pictures was to test out a custom-made, Newton
flash bracket that I'd just received. So I positioned myself (and my
cockatoo!) next to a wall and set my tripod on the table in front of us,
with the entire contraption mounted, focussed and ready to fire. I sat my
wife down in the right position, focussed on her, then took her place with
my bird and asked her to fire away. No thinking or twiddling of the dials
necessary: she just had to press the trigger when I asked her to. Anyhow, if
you're curious about the effect that a flash bracket can have in reducing
shadows, you might take a look at these, if you can get past my ugly puss.
The bird is a lot more handsome, but is collared for reasons that are too
complicated to get into on this list (that would REALLY be off topic!).

Frank Paris
marshalt@spiritone.com