[filmscanners] RE: 24bit vs more

Hi David,

> But do you scan negative films as
> positive and invert and remove the mask by hand? If you are getting a
> positive RGB file as a starting point, you are using just as much
> "automation" as Vuescan provides.

Not so.  I set setpoints and apply tonal curves in the scanner driver.
Frank said he ONLY sets "brightness"...and does not do any setpoints and
tonal curves (though brightness is a simplified tonal curve)...  I hardly
consider inversion and mask removal "automation"...  Automatic setpoints and
tonal curves are.

> and well worth the
> price of admission for people who want more automated scanning.
> <<<<<<<<<
>
> You're still doing cheapshots: it's not pretty.

Not a cheap shot at all.  It's simply a statement of fact.  Viewscan does
allow better automated scanning than most scanner supplied software, does it
not?

Regards,

Austin