[filmscanners] RE: Are there multiple versions of SRGB?

Apart from the fact that our posts apparently crossed each others paths in
transmission and reception, I really have little further to offer. As far as
I know, and you have not contradicted it, there is only one sRGB standard or
versions, although there may be multiple implementations, which can loosely
be considered versions.  However, if they are considered versions, then
there are a great many versions of sRGB and - in practice - no sRGB
standard.

As for the camera manufacturer programing in color gamut adjustments and
corrections which are linked to different camera setting that use sRGB as
its color space, this is not only a possibility but a reality since they are
already doing it in both their digital cameras and in their film cameras
where they have landscape, portrait, night photography, etc. settings the
established pre-programmed default settings which they think are the ones
that will satisfy most users for those subjects as well as a manual and
non-programmed automatic setting.  In the case of Nikon, I suspect that they
consider the Adobe RGB 1998 to be professional color space for serious
amatures and professionals as contrasted to the the two sRGB settings.
Although it was not mentioned, I think Nikon also has a setting for RAW
ouput (I forget what they call their raw data format) in their higher end
digital cameras, where one can assign a color space and make ones
adjustments in a third party image editing program like Photoshop..