[filmscanners] Re: Scanning for laser printing

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 04:56:58 -0800, you wrote:

>Some use standard silver paper, like the Fuji Frontier (I think that's
>what its called).  By varying the light intensity of the laser beams,
>rather than having just having it on or off (as in the case of inkjet),
>they can be continuous tone.

Ah, now I follow you.  When Frank mentioned "digital photoprinters" I
was thinking of those small portable ones they market for home users
to use with their digicams. I'm sure there are a few technologies
there, too.   Of course some of the big production machines are
digital too.

Ken