[filmscanners] Re: keeping the 16bit scans; now=HD longevity OT

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 09:39:45AM -0500, owenpevans wrote:

> I have never heard of "liquid bearings"! Would you please elaborate on these
> "liquid bearings"; I am always prepared to learn something new!
>
> Owen

Seagate used to have info on their liquid bearings on their website but it
isn't immediately obvious that it is still there.

For me the advantage of these new drives with the liquid bearings is that they
are now almost silent. For someone who suffers from tinnitus, not having the
high pitched sounds of the older high RPM drives (to which I am very sensitive)
is a godsend.

Tony

--
Tony Terlecki