[filmscanners] Re:WAS(scanner/film combinations/Fujichrome Trebi)

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re:WAS(scanner/film combinations/Fujichrome Trebi)
  • From: "Rob Geraghty" <robg@wordweb.com>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 13:58:47 +1100

From: "Anthony O'Halloran" <anthony@ohalloran.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I think there is a misunderstanding here.
> You are right Velvia and K64 are indeed contrasty films but...
> If you take any given film speed, over expose (i.e. shooting Provia 100F
> at 50 speed) then pull process to compensate the result should
> theoretically be lower contrast that shooting P100F normally.
> If you do the opposite, under expose (i.e. shoot P100F at 200 speed) the
> push process to compensate, the contrast should theoretically be higher.
> Going back to velvia, I have shoot it a 100 speed before and had it push
> processed. The contrast and saturation go up loads. Horrible to scan but
> at first glance they stand out big time on the light table.

I'll have to try it when I get back to my friendly film lab in Queensland.
Push or pull processing on slide film seems dangerous when slide film
exposure latitude is so narrow (but yes I understand the processing is
supposed to commpensate).  It would be interesting if Provia 100F could be
made more scanner friendly.

Rob