[filmscanners] Re: Re:WAS(scanner/film combinations/Fujichrome Trebi)Pulling Provia

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Re:WAS(scanner/film combinations/Fujichrome Trebi)Pulling Provia
  • From: "" <anthony@ohalloran.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 17:47:52 +0000

Rob

Thanks for the reply. I think there is a misunderstanding here.
You are right Velvia and K64 are indeed contrasty films but...
If you take any given film speed, over expose (i.e. shooting Provia 100F
at 50 speed) then pull process to compensate the result should
theoretically be lower contrast that shooting P100F normally.
If you do the opposite, under expose (i.e. shoot P100F at 200 speed) the
push process to compensate, the contrast should theoretically be higher.
Going back to velvia, I have shoot it a 100 speed before and had it push
processed. The contrast and saturation go up loads. Horrible to scan but
at first glance they stand out big time on the light table.

Regards

Anthony