From: "Paul D. DeRocco" <pderocco@ix.netcom.com>
To: <rew@impulse.net>
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2002 11:48 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Scanning with too much resolution?
(was:PSsharpening...)

I took a close look at those two horse images in the PDF file on page 280,
by magnifying the PDF as much as possible, so that the individual pixels
were easily visible as squares. What I found was that the image that he said
had been scanned at a higher resolution was actually rendered in the
document with exactly half the resolution. I don't know what's going on
here, but that's not a fair comparison.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco