[filmscanners] RE: Scanning with too much resolution? (was: PS sharpening...)

Hi Robert,

I target a size at a particular PPI and that gives me, say, for a 4x6 at
100, so 400 x 600 pixels.

> > I know you say you leave them at the scanned resolutions, but
> doesn't that
> > put you at the mercy of what ever the browser does, and may degrade your
> > image?  When I have a "large" image in the browser, a lot of times it
> > re-sizes the image, after it's done loading it...
>
> The browser does not care about the ppi. It just displays it
> pixel by pixel.

Right, but why does it matter how I got the number of pixels?  If I simply
take my 4000 x 6000 image, and resize it in PS to 4 x 6, I still get a 4000
x 6000 image...  Something besides the image size has to change, and would
be the resolution.

Austin