[filmscanners] Re: appropriateness of " Density vs Dynamicrange"thread (pro)

>>Most email browsers can be set to dump e mail with a particular subject line
>>directly to your trash without you ever seeing it, if you wish.

>It's not that simple. I use Eudora Pro which is one of the best readers
>there is. The subject line changes constantly but the originator's address
>doesn't, presuming they don't switch email addresses during the thread. All
>you have to do is change or add/delete one word to make it a new thread.

Don, I still use Eudora Pro 3.  It's filtering functions include "If <name of
header> contains <string> then <action>.  "Contains" does not appear to mean
"contains only" so I can use "If Subject contain ADV: then Transfer to Ad
folder, for instance.  Wouldn't this work for "If Subject contains Density vs
Dynamic range then Transfer to Trash?  Or is that capability not in Eudora 4?

There's a two clause selection predicate; so If Subject contains ... AND If
From contains <undesired address> then Transfer to Trash would operate more
selectively than deleting in advance the entire thread.

>>Personally, I am happy with this one.

Agree.  I can ignore the threads that don't interest me.  I'd rather not have
to check tow groups to decide which ones they are (and, more important, which
new ones I do wish to follow).

--
Bob Shomler
http://www.shomler.com/