[filmscanners] Re: appropriateness of " Density vs Dynamic range" thread (pro)

Having been (at the user level) involved in medical scanning (where we use
iodide crystals to trap photons and photomultiplier tubes to amplify the
signals for further processing, ultimately display on CRT and archive to
optical disc or film)
and audio electronics, where the same issues are addressed,

I find the discussion somewhat demanding to read through physically, but as
interesting, and certainly of more relevance to my life, than many issues
discussed here.  It is certainly relevant to a rigorous technical
understanding of scanning.
If one finds it boring, which is quite reasonable, one can avoid it.  The
headers are explicit.

Most email browsers can be set to dump e mail with a particular subject line
directly to your trash without you ever seeing it, if you wish.

Does the listmaster wish to consider the creation of a
'filmscanners-technical' group?  That is what the stereophotography list
did, so people had a place to discuss rigorous considerations of technical
issues without boring or frustrating others.
Personally, I am happy with this one.

ted