[filmscanners] Re: Re:GRAIN/ICE SHOWDOWN: Nikon LS8000vs.MinoltaScanMulti Pro!

dickbo writes:

> Your talking like a programmer squire so like
> an simle end user let me advise that no one
> but a programmer would have a clue as to the visual
> inconsistencies to the windows standard.

The conflict between the Nikon Scan interface and that of Windows generally
is obvious even to the novice, and indeed, someone who has used only Windows
interfaces is probably the most likely to be disoriented by Nikon's
departure from the norm.  It's time-consuming figure out how to make rollers
and drawers work in this program, when these inteface widgets are not used
by any other Windows software.

> Now if you really wan't to have a go at an
> interface try Photoshop which, after almost
> 10 years of development is now at version 6.01
> and still has difficulties.

Photoshop confirms quite well to Windows standards, and I have not known it
to be unstable or unreliable.  And it is a vastly more complex product than
Nikon Scan.

> NikonScan is at the first commercial revision
> and works perfectly well for most normal people.

3.1.2 doesn't sound like a first revision to me.  In any case, it gets the
job done, which is all I require.