[filmscanners] Moving on

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Moving on
  • From: "Hemingway, David J" <HEMINGD@polaroid.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:24:04 -0500

To my scan list friends and friends indeed you have been,
I guess I have to fess up! Friday will be my last day at Polaroid. I do not
want any of you to think that reflects on the Polaroid scanners or
Polaroid's commitment to the business.
As I have always considered the list members as part of my scanner family I
will share with you my reason for leaving at this time. Currently the
Polaroid pension plan has a "benefit" of a lump sum settlement of the
pension. Additionally because if my seniority there is a little kicker as
well. I expect Polaroid to announce leaving  Chapter 11 in the next 30 - 60
days. There is no insurance that the lump sum benefit will be continued and
in fact it could be discontinued on fairly short notice. I have decided to
essentially lock in that benefit by retiring effective the end of this
month.
Whether Polaroid continues in the scanner business or sells it of, it will
continue and who knows I may pop up again. :-) I will be looking for another
position and have a few leads( at least they said they were interested when
I had a job :-)) so who knows what will happen.
It has been a pleasure serving you all and hopefully our paths will cross in
the future.
Regards
David

P.S. Please do not take up bandwidth saying goodbye, it's definitely "of
topic" :-)