[filmscanners] RE: Nikon LS-40 vs Polaroid SS4000

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Nikon LS-40 vs Polaroid SS4000
  • From: "Hemingway, David J" <HEMINGD@polaroid.com>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:24:03 -0500

Philip,
I does have more OD and it will get more detail out of the shadows. For some
being able to get every last bit is needed or at least wanted. I am not sure
it is necessary the majority of users or what percentage of the film you
scan an take advantage of it. It is an improvement but in my honest view it
is more evolutionary than revolutionary.
Now I do not scan for a living so others may take another view. The SS4000
was spec'd at a 3.4 but actually tested out at 3.6 so the difference between
to Plus is not that great. I am just trying to keep my conscious clean and
my perspective level so not to over promise on performance.
David