[filmscanners] Re: Nikon LS-40 vs Polaroid SS4000

>Tris Schuler wrote:

>....So far I've read not one horror story authored by a Polaroid user.

Neither have I. That was another (and important) reason I finally
decided on a Polaroid scanner, that plus the helpfulness and easy
availability of David Hemingway, and his (and others') assurances that
if not Polaroid Corporation itself, then at least this family of
scanners will be around and supported for the long haul.

I was all set to buy a Nikon 4000ED, but then started hearing about
problems (many of them reported right here) with Nikon scanners and
their LED system. The older Polaroid 4000 lacked the specs of the Nikon,
but when the Plus model came out with equal or better specs (to say
nothing of a $500 lower price), it was a no-brainer.

And now the Polaroid 120 Plus has just been released. That should
releive a lot of headaches for all those unhappy Nikon 8000 owners.

Rodger Kingston