[filmscanners] SCSI Woes

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] SCSI Woes
  • From: "" <wogears@fast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:03:59 -0500

Hello!

As some know, I have just migrated from Mac OS 9.1 to Win
XP. This has presented me with some interesting and
different SCSI problems! Specifically, if my LS-2000 is not
turned on at reboot, I cannot access it with VueScan without
turning it on and booting yet again. I have been able to
mount my CDRW SCSI drive by telling the controller (Adaptec
2940UW) to "Scan For Hardware Changes"; this does not find
the Nikon. Is this because I do not have NikonScan
installed? Is there a utility similar to my Mac's SCSI Probe
that will allow me to mount the device subsequent to boot,
or should I just leave the LS-2000 on all the time? (Nikon
Tech Support says this is OK, no wear on the lamp.)

Les