[filmscanners] RE: SCSI Woes

Les writes ...

> ..., if my LS-2000 is not
> turned on at reboot, I cannot access it with VueScan without
> turning it on and booting yet again. ...

  I do not use XP, but if it is similar to Win2k, Vuescan can usually find
the SCSI scanner if you right-clik "my computer" and choose "manage" ... go
to the "device manager" ... clik on the list of devices and an icon will
appear ("scan for hardware changes").  This should allow for the scanner
device to appear.

  Having said that ... I would not suggest it, but rather to re-boot with
the scanner turned on.  The "easy" method will usually work, but I will just
as usually get weird behavior from either Vuescan or Nikonscan which never
happens if I take the rigorous route.

hth & cheerios ... shAf  :o)
Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland