Re: filmscanners: SS120 and Kodachrome

At 04:06 PM 12/19/01, Ian Lyons wrote:

> > With Silverfast, the scans are so far off color-wise that it is
> >> virtually impossible to correct, while with Insight, I was able to get
> >> reasonably close with PS modifications.
>

>Hmm, if SilverFast colour management is correctly configured you should see
>in the preview exactly what you will get in Photoshop. If you are getting
>something different you have a problem - most likely a screwed monitor
>profile.

What I see in Silverfast is what I see in Photoshop, but it's so far from
the original slide it's very bothersome.

Oddly enough, another slide from the same roll scanned ok.  The one that is
difficult has a huge amount of color shift (that I like, one look at my
color stuff and it's obvious) but the Epson scanner shows it just
fine.  Another scan on the SS120 of a more balanced image is far better.  I
don't really get it.

I did try it with VueScan and the results are similar.  I will try some
more tomorrow, hopefully it isn't the scanner...

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.