filmscanners: SS120 and Kodachrome

I have just started scanning some Kodachromes with the SS120, with
disastrous results.  I had previously scanned them on an Epson 1640 (which
I was using before the SS120) with default settings and got satisfactory,
if not extraordinary, scans.  With the SS120, I got horrible scans with
Silverfast (despite IT-8 calibration) and passable scans with
Insight.  With Silverfast, the scans are so far off color-wise that it is
virtually impossible to correct, while with Insight, I was able to get
reasonably close with PS modifications.  I have not had these types of
problems with color negatives.

Suggestions?

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com