RE: filmscanners:minolta and med format

It's the Scan Multi Pro that does medium format.

Are you talking about scanning an image that's bigger than what the scanner
can handle (say 6x17) and then stitching in Photoshop?  Or, are you talking
about the way the scanner gets to 4800 dpi for medium format?

Scanning a 6x17 would pretty much be the same as either the Polaroid or
Nikon except that you'd have to reposition the film in the holder.  For 4800
dpi for mf, supposedly the Minolta doesn't actually interpolate but scans
pieces and then stitches.  I don't know the particulars of this but it does
seem to actually get more usable detail from MF transparencies at 4800 vs.
3200.

Paul Wilson

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.