From:   Herb Bauer [mailto:herb.bauer@attglobal.net]
Sent:   Monday, December 17, 2001 8:59 AM
To:     filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject:        filmscanners: Moiré pattern in scan

Hi everyone,

I have a photograph of a tall building which has many thin lines running
vertically along its complete length - you know which one. Scanning the old
Kodachrome 64 slide on a Polaroid SS4000 with PolaColor Insight makes the
building look terrible because of a very pronounced Moiré effect. Is there a
remedy? On a related note, although the scan looks OK in Insight, it opens
almost black in Photoshop 6. I find that very strange, my scans from color
negatives work great.

Thanks!

Herb

PS: I won't be able to answer your replies until I'm back from vacation in
January. Happy Holidays and a wonderful New Year with many happy scans to
all.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.