Re: filmscanners: Nikon Coolscan IV vs. Minolta Dimage Scan EliteII

On Sat, 24 Nov 2001, Arthur Entlich wrote:

> I think you have mixed up two Minolta Scanners.  I don't fault you,
> since Minolta is great at confusing the issue with their scanner names.
>
> SO, the unit you saw for about $400 is not the Elite (unless they are
> giving a very good price, and I'd like to know where ;-)) but the Scan
> Dual, which is a lesser unit.  Not necessarily a bad unit, mind you, if
> you get a good one, but not the Elite.  The scanner looks almost
> identical from external view.  The case they put these in seems to be
> identical.
>
> Art

Art-
Opps... you are right.  I found the price at http://www.pricewatch.com/
and the $400.00 price I quoted, unfortunately, is for the Minolta Dimage
Scan Dual II, and not the Dimage Scan Elite II.
Dr. Paul Patton
Beckman Institute  Rm 3027  405 N. Mathews St.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign  Urbana, Illinois 61801
work phone: (217)-265-0795   fax: (217)-244-5180
home phone: (217)-328-4064
homepage: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ppatton/index.html

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.  It is the
source of all true art and science."
-Albert Einstein