RE: filmscanners: Best film scanner, period!!!

Anthony wrote:

> I've considered it--but how would I get the pictures
> back and forth between the
> two machines?

There is a very, very good program by LapLink for syncing between
two PCs.  The USB version will move between 10 and 30 megs a
minute with fast PCs.  For those who have only serial ports, life
will be slower, much slower.  But you can leave the machines to
work while you watch a movie or each a meal.    The interface is
like Windows Explorer with one PC on each half (side by side or
over/under - your choose) of the screen.  Then you have all kinds
of options like move, include subfolders, copy, copy only if
older, etc.  Note cable lengths can be an issue -  the length is
about 2 meters.

LapLink has several different products, so look at which you get.
If all you want to file transfers between two PCs, don't get the
product that offers network printing.  First it costs more, but
more importantly installation is a whole lot less fun.<BG>

Gordon Potter   <twocybers@home.com>
Nashville, TN 37215
USA

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.