Re: filmscanners: Keeping messages On Topic

I agree with Rob's comments.  I had been experiencing GFP blue screens
frequently while running Win 98 and 98SE when in a number of graphics
programs (including Photoshop).  While I had heard that Win 2K was much
more stable I opted to go with WinME.  WinME, early on, had driver issues
that made installing some devices impossible.  Now that most of those
issues are resolved ME is the most stable system I've had on my machine.
I do get an occasional "Program no longer responding" but never a blue
screen.  I believe that discussions relating to OS and other program
applications are relevant when they can include scanning and post editing
scanned images.  Reliability and performance of various CPU's with regard
to scanners and imaging could also bring useful information to those of us
who are considering a change.  Scanning and image editing can be very
demanding on the resources of a computer and how well it all interfaces
is, I believe, a germane topic.

Jim Sims

Rob Geraghty wrote:

> <EdHamrick@aol.com> wrote:
> > to this mailing list.  Similarly, messages about the relative merits
> > of various versions of Windows are certainly unrelated to
> > film scanners and don't really belong on this mailing list.
>
> Ed, while I agree with avoiding topics that are really way off from
> film scanning, things like the OS can be very relevent.  If PS and
> the scanner perform much better in a particular OS, that's very
> important information.  I'm toying with the idea of upgrading to
> Win2K, so the comments of others who are also working with
> film scanners are of great interest.  If I asked questions in a forum
> dedicated to Win2K only, I may get different answers or none at
> all.
>
> Rob
> (with apologies for the acronyms :)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.