Re: filmscanners: SCSI card not recognized by Win2K

Chuck Skinner wrote:

> [...]

Is it Win2K that can not detect it or is it the BIOS of your mainboard can not?
In either case the ASPI driver is not the problem. The card needs to be known
to the OS before the ASPI layer comes to play a role.

Is your SCSI cable properly terminated if it is longer than 2 feet? Some low end
SCSI controllers may disappear as if not exist if no SCSI device is detected.
If your SCSI cable is not properly terminated then your scanner may not be seen
and so is the controller.

Try to terminate the cable if it is not already so. Try a different PCI slot.
Some BIOS have problems supporting PCI cards in certain slots.

Quoton

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.