filmscanners: Keeping messages On Topic

In a message dated 3/11/2001 2:25:59 PM EST, ezio@iname.com writes:

> I don't want to go further with something that it's (in my opinion)
>  really OT , but

If it's off-topic, it really should be e-mailed to the person being
responded to, not to the whole group.

Similarly, people who have support questions about VueScan should
e-mail me directly, not post the questions to the whole group.  A lot of
the traffic on this newsgroup related to VueScan shouldn't really
be sent to the whole group, but to me directly.

It's courteous if people only post things to the whole group if it's
somehow related to film scanners and if it's likely to be of interest to
a significant percentage of the mailing list.

For instance, messages related to the British burning down
Washington DC, however humorous, shouldn't really be sent
to this mailing list.  Similarly, messages about the relative merits
of various versions of Windows are certainly unrelated to
film scanners and don't really belong on this mailing list.

Lastly, messages that simply say "I agree" or that quote
200 lines and add one line of throwaway comment shouldn't
really be sent to this mailing list.

It's Tony's list, and he's certainly been quite tolerant of off-
topic messages, but keeping things on-topic is something
we all (myself included) should keep in mind.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.