Re: filmscanners: Need feedback on VueScan Idea

"Hersch Nitikman" <hersch@silcom.com> wrote:
> This time you are wrong, Frank. I'm sure there are more than a couple of
us
> with 17" monitors. With a 17", anything over 800x600 is dysfunctional. I'm
> happy for you that you have something larger, but please don't penalize
all
> of us who don't have the cash or the desk real estate for anything larger.

I agree about not designing on the assumption of 1280x1024, but I have
always run my 17" monitors in 1024x768.  I wouldn't call it dysfunctional.

Having said that, I think that designing for a minimum 800x600 would be OK
since anyone using vuescan would surely be using Photoshop or PSP, both of
which are unworkable in 640x480.  I know Ed has stated in the past that most
of the
reason for Vuescan's somewhat crowded interface is to fit it into a 640x480
screen.

Rob

PS It occurs to me that Nikonscan fits into a lot less than 640x480, but
then it has its own pecularities of interface design which are frankly
unconventional and in many cases counter-intuitive.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.